The Korean skin care routine is a 10 step regimen that is widely appreciated the world over. To individuals unfamiliar with the treatment, below is a summary of the Korean skin care tutorial that we cover on our site.
Korean Skin Care Tutorial Topics
- Oil Cleanser: This step aims to remove oil based impurities from your skin.
- Foam Cleanser: Foam cleansers, aim to draw out water based impurities the oil cleansers are unable to get rid of in step 1.
- Exfoliating: Exfoliating your skin which helps to get rid of dead skin cells. Exfoliants can either be bead-based or enzyme based.
- Toner: A toner is used to restore the skin’s pH balance to a normal level of 5.5. After intense foam and oil cleansing, your skin’s pH is thrown off balance.
- Essence: A Korean essence speeds up your cell turnover rate making your skin visibly smoother and brighter.
- Serums: Serums are highly active potions that are designed to address specific concerns such as sagging skin or dark spots.
- Face Mask: Face masks are pieces of cloth that are infused with concentrated and potent ingredients.
- Face Cream: Korean eye creams address concerns touching on the thin layer of skin beneath your eyes. The commonly addressed problems include dark circles and fine lines.
- Moisturizer: Moisturizers restore your skin’s moisture levels after intense cleansing rounds in step one and two.
- Sunscreen: The last step in a Korean skincare regimen involves protecting your skin from the sun’s harmful UVA/UVB rays.