Time couldn’t be brought back, but you can definitely bring back the younger look you once had before! And that is possible through the help of the best rosehip oil.
This oil is known to be the perfect skincare that your skin might be waiting for!
The said product is reaching the peak of its popularity wherein more and more brands are available on the market today. This is the reason why it might be challenging on your part to find the right one and trust-worthy product.
So, to help you with the matter, it is best to be guided by the details and reviews below!
What is Rosehip Oil?
Also referred to as rosehip seed oil, rosehip oil is derived from the Rosa canina rose bush that is grown mostly in Chile. Compared to rose oil extracted from rose petals, the rosehip oil is pressed right from the seeds and fruit of the rose plant.
Rosehip oil is indeed popular even before because of its valuable healing benefits and is loaded with essential fatty acids and nourishing vitamins.
This oil has phenols that have been shown to have antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties.
Often, rosehip oil is also utilized as a carrier oil for essential oils that are too intense to be directly applied to the skin.
Benefits of Rosehip Oil
Of course, if you are able to find the best rosehip oil, then there is your great chance of reaping its benefits. Some of these benefits are the following:
- It helps with hydration which is important for supple and soft skin. As skin ages, or during extreme weather, lack of hydration could be a problem.
Rosehip oil has a wealth of essential fatty acids to keep cell walls strong, so they don’t lose water.
- Rosehip oil aids to exfoliate and brightens skin. Indeed, natural exfoliation with this oil could help reduce dullness leading to vibrant and glowing skin.
And this is because of the vitamins A and C present in the oil.
- It also moisturizes. Moisturizing aids lock in the natural hydration of the skin and any added oils. Rosehip oil is a non-greasy and dry oil making it a great natural moisturizer for almost all kinds of skin.
- The oil helps in reducing inflammation. Rosehip is rich in anthocyanin and polyphenols, helping to reduce inflammation. Plus, it contains Vitamin E which is an antioxidant perfect for anti-inflammatory effects.
- Rosehip oils help in boosting collagen formation. The building block of the skin is the collagen which is also crucial for skin firmness and elasticity. Rosehip is rich in vitamins C and A, both needed to produce collagen.
- It aids in reducing hyperpigmentation. This happens when excess melanin forms patches or dark spots on the skin.
This rosehip oil is rich in vitamin A which is made up of various nutritional compounds like retinoids. These retinoids have the ability to reduce hyperpigmentation as well as other signs of aging.
- Using rosehip oil offers protection against sun damage. Premature aging might be due to too much sun exposure. This might also interfere with the ability of the body to produce collagen.
With vitamins A, E and C, rosehip oil combats visible sun damage.
- It also helps in boosting one’s immunity. With its rich antioxidants and fatty acids, these are imperative to avoid breakdown of the cell membranes in your skin.
So, healthy and strong cells act as the barrier to prevent any bacteria from entering the skin.
- And finally, rosehip oil also helps in reducing fine lines and scars. It is believed that this oil has long been used in healing wounds and reducing scars and fine lines.
You’ll surely enjoy these benefits once you pick the best rosehip oil now!
How to Apply and How Often?
Since rosehip oil is a dry oil, it absorbs into the skin easily. In general, it is safe for almost all skin types. Still, it is advised to do a patch test before using it for the first time. With this, you might be guaranteed that you are not allergic to this oil at all.
How to do it? Simply follow this:
- apply a small amount of the oil to your wrist or forearm
- cover the area with a gauze or band aid
- check the area for signs of irritation after 24 hours
- if the skin is inflamed or itchy, don’t use the oil
- if the skin doesn’t show any signs of irritation, it is safe to use the oil elsewhere
After doing this patch test, and no irritation happens, you can do the oil up to twice a day. This oil could be used on its own or you could simply add a few drops to another kind of oil or even on your moisturizer.
Bear in mind as well that rosehip oil could go rancid immediately. You can store it in a cool and dark place to help extend its shelf life. Or you can store it in the refrigerator too.
How to Choose the Best Rosehip Oil?
To help you in picking the right product, consider some of the tips below:
Most products are endorsed to be 100% pure. However, some may not be at all. It lies in the ingredients of the oil.
A pure rosehip oil contains only an ingredient and that is the rosehip itself or simply the extract of the rosehip seeds.
If there are other ingredients included, it isn’t 100% pure. Take note that only pure oil provides optimal results.
These additives may be a complex preservative, a simple fragrance, or any other chemical. Bear in mind that the lesser additives, the better.
Pure rosehip oil doesn’t require any other additive to provide the best results.
Method of Extraction
From among the methods used to extract the oil from its seeds, the cold-pressed method is known to be the best. It aids in retaining the natural properties of the rosehip oil.
Don’t just focus on the contents, but its container is also important. Most products come in a UV-resistant bottle that protects the oil from any damage due to direct light and heat.
So, it’s best to choose the oil which comes in a safe container.
Don’t let the name confuse you. Remember that this oil doesn’t smell like a rose since it is extracted from the seeds. Usually, the oil renders a subtle earthy scent that could simply fade out once applied on your skin.
You should at least take note of these factors to guide you on buying the best rosehip oil for your skin.
Reviews of the 5 Best Korean Rosehip Oils in 2020
Here are the top options you can choose from when it comes to the best rosehip oil:
This organic oil could be used for different skin conditions and could even fight against the signs of aging. Plus, you’ll love the fact that it is easy to rinse off and could protect your skin even from intense weather.
It comes in a small fluid ounce bottle and is reasonably priced. There is also a small glass pipette included. This oil has no additional additives and it contains only an ingredient which is the rosehip itself.
Indeed, since it is a cold-pressed one, it is pure, highest quality and potent. The oil reduces scars, acne, and hyperpigmentation on oily skin. Plus, it reduces redness as well as moisturizes one’s skin.
- available in 1oz trial-gift pack and also 4oz best-value pack
- 100% organic and pure rosehip oil without additives
- comes with an easy-to-use dropper
- features a dark amber glass bottle in order to minimize light exposure
- treats cracked heels, dry skin, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, brittle nails and more
- improves and enhances skin tone
- refunding policy if not satisfied with the product
- cures marks and scars on face or body skin
- unrefined and organic
- odd fragrance
Since USDA certified this one, this rosehip oil is unrefined, virgin, cold-pressed and natural oil. The paraben-free and hexane-free oil is indeed safe for almost all skin types like sensitive skin and could also be used for aromatherapy sessions and skin massages.
This oil doesn’t contain any preservatives and it gets quickly absorbed. It doesn’t clog pores or even cause breakouts.
The said oil could also repair skin damage due to aging, sun and dehydration, leading to supple skin.
- anti-aging properties which tighten and hydrate the skin
- adds shine to damaged and dull hair
- loaded with anti-inflammatory properties which reduce facial marks
- contains omega fatty acids providing youthful skin
- easily gets absorbs into the skin
- prevents itching and flaking of the scalp
- features a handy dropper
- doesn’t contain any carrier oils
- pleasant fragrance
- inconsistent quality
Another great option is the Majestic Pure Rosehip Oil. This one renders an excellent oil and is cold pressed to retain its properties. It is advertised as a premium product that comes in large four fluid ounce bottles along with a glass pipette.
There is no additional substance because it is 100% organic. It could be used directly on your skin. This rosehip oil could reduce wrinkles, hydrate dry skin, eliminate scars, and act as a protective layer against harsh or bad weather.
- non-volatile oil which works well on distressed skin
- cold-pressed to preserve the active ingredients
- no fillers or additives utilized
- could be used as a carrier oil
- could be used on the scalp for shiny and healthy hair
- features a dropper for easy application
- can be utilized all over the body to moisturize as well as to treat irritated and dry skin
- all-natural ingredients
- offers a fair and glowing look
- moisturizes the skin
- complete skincare
- the smell stinks
This is considered to be a multi-purpose oil that could be used on your face and body. It aids in reducing pimple and acne scars. The rosehip oil hydrates and nourishes dry skin without having to make the skin sticky or greasy.
Plus, it packs a punch with powerful omega fatty acids and vitamins, which reduces stretch marks and fine lines and improves the skin’s overall texture. Indeed, you’ll see visibly plumper and healthier skin over time.
- natural rosehip which is rich in omega fatty acids
- offers healthier and smoother skin
- provides nourishment and hydration to skin
- treats skin problems
- the finest quality of ingredients
- reduces acne
- soothes parched skin and redness
- certified organic product
- a bit off color and consistency
Eve Hansen Rosehip oil is suitable for all different skin types. It has been described by skin care experts as a carrier oil, meaning it can be used independently without other skincare products.
We love Eve Hansen rosehip oil formulation because it contains absolutely no fillers or additives, it is 100% natural.
Eve Hansen has produced the best Rosehip oil by using the highest quality ingredients. The ingredients contain a spectrum of the most potent ski-loving ingredients which include;
Trans-Retinoic Acid (Vitamin A), Vitamin C And E:
These components help to brighten the skin, reducing blemishes and the detrimental effects of premature aging on the skin. Vitamin C is the perfect choice for lightening uneven skin tones and acne scars.
Lycopene And Beta-carotene:
These two components are powerful antioxidants. They work by reversing the negative effects of natural oxidative damage. Which is caused by aging and environmental toxins. Lycopene is responsible for Rosehip oil’s deep amber color.
Essential Fatty Acids:
These include the likes of omega-3, 6 and 9. Essential fatty acids repair the skin and help the skin to regenerate damaged skin cells. They also improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks and wrinkles over time while also hydrating and imparting a youthful look to your skin.
The Best Way To Use Eve Hansen Rosehip Oil
To achieve the desired effects, pour out two or three drops of Rosehip oil onto your palm. Then gently apply to your skin right after a shower, while your skin is still moist.
For increased absorbency, it is recommended to throw in a dash of fractionated coconut oil. Continued use of Eve Hansen Rosehip oil results in a healthy, youthful, and glowing skin. The oil also protects against premature aging and sun-damage.
How Eve Hansen's Rosehip Oil Can Treat Eczema
Eczema is manifested on the skin as patches of red skin with raised bumps. The skin may appear dry or cracked and may in some instances weep. The affected area can at times appear to be in a different tone or color to the rest of the skin.
Using Eve Hansen Rosehip oil relieves eczema symptoms by allowing Omega 3, 6 and 9 to repair damaged and sensitive tissue. Retinol, a by-product of Vitamin A contained in Rosehip oil, has anti-aging characteristics and is perfect for treating uneven skin tones caused by eczema.
Eve Hansen has developed the best rosehip oil to relieve eczema symptoms. Resulting in us doing a full review on the effects and reliefs it provides for eczema suffers. You can read that review here.
This Rosehip Oil Removes Acne Scars
The best rosehip oil helps getting rid of acne scars via the action of Retinoic acid on skin tissue. The oil is quickly absorbed thanks to its light consistency.
It evens out the tone of the scared areas to match the rest of your skin. With time, your acne scars disappear leaving you feeling beautiful.
Rosehip oil is a proven natural product that is effective in the treatment of several skincare conditions. It's most impressive feature is the fact that it is compatible with sensitive skin.
Therefore it provides sensitive skin a calming, soothing effect.
As mentioned, Rosehip oil is a 100% cold-pressed virgin oil made from Chilean wild rose bushes. It is bottled in pure and unadulterated form.
Not diluted meaning you get all the ingredients as nature intended.
It is worth mentioning that Eve Hansen Rosehip oil is free of any artificial colorants, parabens, preservatives, and alcohols. With all of these natural and NO artificial ingredients that is why we believe this is the best rosehip oil.
Experts, however, advise against the use of Rosehip oil on skin with active acne.
Our Top Pick for Best Rosehip Oils in 2020
And for the top pick from the options given above, I prefer the use of Teddie Organics Rosehip Seed Oil. Why? Well, this organic and pure rosehip oil offers the best features that stand out among others.
Though the other options are still great, this one seems to be the best rosehip oil that you can definitely try on. And probably, you’ll know it better through the result!
Best Rosehip Oils in 2020 Conclusion
With so many skincare products out today, it is challenging to pick the right one that would address our skincare needs. However, with this best rosehip oil, you can be provided with almost complete skincare that you’ll surely love.
Rosehip oil can be your best treatment for whatever skin conditions you may have. Along with your other skincare routine, you’ll surely achieve a glowing, more radiant and younger-looking skin by simply picking the best rosehip oil.
So, what are you waiting for? Choose the best rosehip oil now!
Liked this post? Don’t forget to hit like, share and leave your thoughts by writing comments below!