The Korean skin care regime has made wonders all over the globe. Every woman dreams of having the perfect Korean flawless skin to look prettier and definitely younger. The Korean skin is not judged by the blemishes and fine lines on the face. The idea is that you should follow the procedures needed to get that perfect and shining skin all over and the hard work that you go through to achieve that. Following are the steps you must follow to get that glow in you:
- Cleansing Twice – The initial step of the Korean skin care regime is to cleanse your skin by going through two procedures. These two steps ensure that makeup is removed completely as it does not wipe off by just one step. First wash your face before going to bed and then cleanse it with an oil cleanser to wipe the makeup off. Follow this step next with a froth cleanser to remove the remaining residue if any on the skin.
- Face Masks And Massage – Face massage is an excellent therapy for blood flow. This gives your skin a healthy and supple look. You can even do this with a gentle scrub twice a week if your acne allows you to. This also works as exfoliation and removes all the dead cells and impurities that give rise to blackheads and pimples. Exfoliation opens up the pores and refreshes the skin. To ensure that your skin does not dry up after this process, you must always follow this step with a mask that would tighten up your pores and hydrate your skin. Use it after exfoliating your skin.
- Toning – Korean woman claim toning to be one of the most vital steps in having a glowing skin. Toners definitely remove the remaining dirt and residue gathered over the skin after cleansing and exfoliation. They also reduce the size of pores. There are various types of toners for every skin which range from dry to blackheads and acne prone skin.
- Using An Essence – Essence, also known as serums or boosters, are a major acne reduction treatment. It also refines fine lines. Korean serums are made up of light weight formulae which are really easy to amalgamate within your skin. These formulae encourage the creation of elastin and collagen which are responsible for clarifying the skin.
- Use a Hydrator – Use a moisturizer five minutes after spraying your skin with the essence. Moisturizers are highly essential in nourishing the skin as they keep the skin hydrated and supple without drying it out.
Day Care Korean Skin Routine for Skin Vulnerable to Acne
- Skin Cleansing: Before going to bed, make sure not to use face masks which might irritate acne. Instead, use a gentle Korean acne cleanser which best fits your skin. Also massage your skin in circular motions whilst washing your face using this. Also massage all those pressure points which encourage smooth skin and give you a pleasant feeling.
- Tone and Nourish: As soon as you cleanse and exfoliate your face the pores open up for a few seconds to give your skin a chance to breathe. Use a toner as soon as possible after washing your face to remove whatever debris and blackheads are there on your skin after following the above mentioned steps. They also give you smooth skin and make sure that your acne does not irritate your skin by being too dry and flaky. Using hands to apply toner instead of cotton is one of the secrets of Korean skin care. Few Korean women use water based light weight toners before going for the normal ones containing oil and other extracts, in order to ensure perfect glow for the skin.
- Using a booster: After using a toner, apply essence on your face and let it stay for five minutes so that it reacts to your skin. Boosters are great for treating acne marks, uneven skin tone, aging skin etc. use this daily to prevent your skin from getting any harm.
- Mixtures and creams: After toning it is essential to let the moisturizer soak into the skin by using a mixture or a cream. Korean women use both of these in order to provide the skin with complete nourishment. In the west, women usually follow the toning procedure with an emulsion or cream based moisturizer. Rub the cream gently over your skin and massage it in circular movements so that the skin absorbs the nourishments. Always massage your skin while cleansing, toning, exfoliating, and while applying a cream.
Using particular remedies for certain issues
After following the above mentioned procedures, you should use the remedies and care treatments provided to you for your specific problem.
→ Shelter From The Sun and Organic Makeup: Using a sunblock throughout the year is a common practice for the Korean people. It is a part of their everyday skin care routine and they make sure not to go out without its application. There are various makeup commodities and sun-blocks that have ample quantity of UVB filters that are necessary to shield your skin from the sun.
If your skin is prone to acne, make sure to use products that contain natural ingredients. Use clean makeup tools to apply makeup and try to keep your skin as light as possible.
Before you go to bed, make sure to cleanse your skin twice by the oil and foam cleanser both to avoid acne.
Also, make sure to exfoliate your skin twice a week to remove dead impurities and cells and make your skin look radiant. After that massage your skin with a moisturizer to nourish it and prevent it from dry and fine lines. Also use masks twice a week after exfoliation as they pull off any debris that are there in the skin after cleansing and exfoliation. Make sure to use organic masks and then finish off with a cream to lock in the nutrients.
Photo by: Alia Wilhelm